I Have Another Brother
Colorful Illustrations support decodable text, guiding beginning readers to identify, recognize, and use the voiced /th/ sound. Featuring high-frequency words, this authentic fictional narrative also gives emerging readers the opportunity to read with purpose and for meaning while reinforcing basic phonemic sounds. Readers will follow Heather as she meets her new baby brother. This fiction phonics title is paired with the nonfiction phonics title What Is the Weather? Practicing the Voiced TH Sound.
The instructional guide on the inside front and back covers provides:
* Word List with carefully selected grade-appropriate words featuring the voiced /th/ sound found in the text
* Teacher Talk that assists instructors in introducing the voiced /th/ sound
* Group Activity that guides students to identify the voiced /th/ sound, decode the words that contain it, and use the words
* Extended Activity that provides students with additional opportunities to think about, list, and use words containing the voiced /th/ sound
* Writing Activity that guides students to write the letters that make the voiced /th/ sound