Cow on the Town
Colorful Illustrations support decodable text, guiding beginning readers to identify, recognize, and use the /ow/ sound. Featuring high-frequency words, this authentic fictional narrative also gives emerging readers the opportunity to read with purpose and for meaning while reinforcing basic phonemic sounds. Readers will enjoy this hilarious story about what happens when you let a cow out in the big city. This fiction phonics title is paired with the nonfiction phonics title Rain Showers: Practicing the OW Sound.
The instructional guide on the inside front and back covers provides:
* Word List with carefully selected grade-appropriate words featuring the /ow/ sound found in the text
* Teacher Talk that assists instructors in introducing the /ow/ sound
* Group Activity that guides students to identify the /ow/ sound, decode the words that contain it, and use the words
* Extended Activity that provides students with additional opportunities to think about, list, and use words containing the /ow/ sound
* Writing Activity that guides students to write the letters that make the /ow/ sound