A Toad in My Tent!
Colorful Illustrations support decodable text, guiding beginning readers to identify, recognize, and use the /t/ sound. Featuring high-frequency words, this authentic fictional narrative also gives emerging readers the opportunity to read with purpose and for meaning while reinforcing basic phonemic sounds. This book tells the hilarious story of a character named Timmy who finds a toad in his tent while camping. This fiction phonics title is paired with the nonfiction phonics title Tiny Toys: Practicing the T Sound.
The instructional guide on the inside front and back covers provides:
* Word List with carefully selected grade-appropriate words featuring the /t/ sound found in the text
* Teacher Talk that assists instructors in introducing the /t/ sound
* Group Activity that guides students to identify the /t/ sound, decode the words that contain it, and use the words
* Extended Activity that provides students with additional opportunities to think about, list, and use words containing the /t/ sound
* Writing Activity that guides students to write the letter that makes the /t/ sound