Theo Gives Thanks
Colorful Illustrations support decodable text, guiding beginning readers to identify, recognize, and use the unvoiced /th/ sound. Featuring high-frequency words, this authentic fictional narrative also gives emerging readers the opportunity to read with purpose and for meaning while reinforcing basic phonemic sounds. Readers will follow Theo as he lists all the things he is thankful for. This fiction phonics title is paired with the nonfiction phonics title Birthday Thief: Practicing the Unvoiced TH Sound.
The instructional guide on the inside front and back covers provides:
* Word List with carefully selected grade-appropriate words featuring the unvoiced /th/ sound found in the text
* Teacher Talk that assists instructors in introducing the unvoiced /th/ sound
* Group Activity that guides students to identify the unvoiced /th/ sound, decode the words that contain it, and use the words
* Extended Activity that provides students with additional opportunities to think about, list, and use words containing the unvoiced /th/ sound
* Writing Activity that guides students to write the letters that make the unvoiced /th/ sound